Six OCA member companies were honored by the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) for providing Quality in Construction (QIC) work in 2022 on a total of more than 40 projects.
The OCA contingent’s projects were among nearly 300 winning projects across the U.S. receiving NAPA QIC Awards, which highlight top examples of asphalt road building and rehabilitation projects.
Here is a list of the winning companies and projects:
- Kokosing Construction Co, Inc. – Pickaway County Airport
- The Shelly Co., a CRH Co. – Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport
GENERAL PAVEMENTS UNDER 50,000 TONS
- John R. Jurgensen Co. – U.S. Route 35 in Greene County; Dryden Road North in Moraine
- Kokosing Construction Co. Inc. – various roads in Columbus
- Shelly & Sands Inc. – Zanesville: State Route 340 in Noble & Morgan counties; S.R. 104 in Piketon; S.R. 534 in Trumbull County; U.S. 32 in Jackson County; S.R. 42 in Jefferson County; and Cook Road Roundabout in Richland County
- The Shelly Co., a CRH Co. – Thornville: Dutch Lane Road in Licking County; Hocking Hills State Park entrance in Logan; Lake Road in Fairfield County; County Road 10 in Coshocton County; S.R. 93 in West Lafayette; Winnemac Road in Union County; Tornado Road in Meigs County; Home Road in Powell; various roads in Mount Orab; U.S. 23 & S.R. 73 in Portsmouth; S.R. 218 & S.R. 233 in Gallia County; U.S. 52 in South Point; and I-70 in Thornville. Twinsburg: S.R. 170 in East Palestine; C.R. 17 in Village of Richland; S.R. 30 in Minerva; and I-480 in Summit County
HIGHWAY PAVEMENTS OVER 50,000 TONS
- John R. Jurgensen Co. – I-75 in Hamilton County
- Kokosing Construction Co. – U.S. 40 in Licking County
- The Shelly Co., a CRH Co. – Thornville: Ohio Turnpike in Ottawa County. Twinsburg: Warehouse Parking Lot in Canton; S.R. 800 & S.R. 212 in various counties
LARRY H. LEMON AWARD TOP ASPHALT PAVEMENTS UNDER 50,000 TONS
- Gerken Paving Inc. – Michigan S.R. 50, Adrian
- Shelly & Sands Inc. – Zanesville: S.R. 7 in Washington County; S.R. 147 in Noble County; S.R. 258 in Newcomerstown; and S.R. 5 in Trumbull County
If you are an OCA member and have news about your business or company regarding in-state staff changes or honors, and would like it to appear in Ohio Contractor, send the information by email to email@example.com, or by calling 800-288-7423.